JandA4

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cade's 5th Birthday Party

For Cade's 5th birthday I did a construction party. His invitations turned out really cute. The bed of the truck could lift up, revelaing all the information.
His friends

I put all of his gifts in a wheelbarrow


We played a couple of games like truck relay races,



and rock toss




I put mint chocolate chip ice cream in the cup then put caramel sauce on top. I crumbled Oreo cookies on top of that. I stuck a licorice in the ice cream and re-froze it. You could carry the cup by the licorice handle. I told the kids it was a bucket of asphalt.





Eating our asphalt dessert






Each of the kids got to take home their own set of construction toys








4 comments:

Erin said...

What a CUTE idea! Everything turned out adorable!

Amanda said...

You are so dang creative. Bdays like that don't happen around here!!

Sandra said...

My type of party! I love the invites and the asphalt pie is over the top! Am I to expect anything less?? Love it!

Rebecca said...

You always do put on the BEST bday parties! I'm lucky my kids are invited each year. :) I enjoyed eating Paxton's asphalt when he got home - I cannot resist mint choc chip. It was delicious!