JandA4

Friday, July 2, 2010

Bear Lake

Last week I took my kids and went to Bear Lake with Jeff's family. Jeff was in the Mediterranean on a cruise - - I know what you are thinking. "And why weren't you there too???" Well I was originally planning on going but I had a couple things that same week that I really wanted to go to as well. Plus the fact that we have been so many places this year already and we still have several places to go. I kind of felt like my kids were getting closer to the babysitters than they were me! So I backed out but we had a GREAT week at Bear Lake.
The lake was absolutely FREEZING. It was the coldest June that they have on record. There were still glaciers melting into the lake daily. You would step in the water - barely step in, not even up to your ankles and it would hurt because it was so cold. I didn't even get in the boat once because it was too cold. My sister in law Suzi would show up at the beach looking like this each day. Fully clothed in fall attire. I had to laugh but at least she was warm! She called it "BURRR LAKE".

Molly never made it deeper than this!

All the little kids just preferred to play in the little puddles on the beach. Which was great for me because I wasn't worried about chasing them into the water.


The guys and the bigger boys went golfing everyday and then all the kids would go miniature golfing in the evenings or swim in the pool.

All of us girls rented some surrey bikes one of the days and went on a bike ride around town. We had a blast. I had to laugh at my mother in law Julie. She rode with her purse hanging off her arm the whole time. It looked so funny.

There was a field full of poppy's and they looked so pretty that I had to stop and take some pictures in them.

Not sure what to say about this sign.............. or the picture on it. I guess the sign says it all! I should go sometime!

1 comment:

Alli said...

I am so jealous of the Bear lake trip. I wish we could make it a click tradition again. It looks like you had a blast! The girls in the poopy field is beautiful...great pics Abbie!