JandA4

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ringin' in the New Year with a BANG!

Today my niece's and nephew came to play with my kids. They played for the day and into the evening. Molly kept wanting banana bread so this evening I decided to make some. I made it, put it in the oven and stepped into the shower. I usually only just shut my bathroom door and I don't lock it. I have this little nagging thought in the back of my mind that says, "What if??? What if something happened?? What if something happened and my little kids needed to get to me and couldn't because the door was locked?" So anyway, there I am just barely getting wet when out of nowhere my 3 year old Molly and my niece Gracie come in and open up my SHOWER door -- aaaggh!--

"Mom!" Molly says, "Dad and Jens and Jaxon are going outside to let off fireworks!" --------- "Ugh? Okay! Now get out!" I say.

Not one minute later they came back in! This time they were saying that the banana bread was done. ----- Done? I think. Surely not already. But they tell me that my timer was beeping. So I tell them to go and get dad. I then wash my hair, condition it, and then wash my body. And next thing I know, they are back AGAIN! Only this time is was only my niece.

"Come quick!" she says. "Molly is trying to get the bread out!"

I thought they had got Jeff to get it out. At least 5 minutes had passed since they first said that the oven was beeping. Surely it is burning and now my little 3 year old is trying to get bread out of a hot oven??? So I jump out of the shower, wrap the towel around me, (well as much as it will wrap around my chubby body) and quickly head out into the kitchen. And sure enough, there is my little 3 year old with hot pads in hand and she is just starting to open the oven door. I grab the hot pads from her and bend over (the towel bends up) and I start taking loaf after loaf out. When much to my dismay I hear a 12 year old boys voice behind me say, "Oh Boy!" I whirl around to see my son Jens, pale white in the face, and my 12 year old nephew who are just coming in.

"Stay out! Get out!" I yell.

I couldn't get out of that kitchen fast enough! So today is only the first day of January and I have already seemed to manage to scare not 1, not 2, but multiple young children. I am sure I was a sight. Half wrapped in a towel, bent over, crazy wet hair......... Oh Lord, help us all!

2 comments:

Petersons said...

Oh hilarious! Thanks for the laugh :)
But the bread wasn't burnt, right?

Anonymous said...

Too freaking funny! Luv you!!