JandA4

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Costa Rica

Last week Jeff and I were in Costa Rica for his company's big annual trip. It was so much fun!!! By far my most favorite thing about Costa Rica were all the monkeys. I have never seen a monkey outside of a zoo. There were monkey's, monkeys' everywhere! Everyday we would see at least one monkey. Maybe we would see 6 monkey's in a day. It was something that I never got bored of.


They were SO LOUD and they would wake us up every morning around 5:00am. They had a sound that was between a dog's bark and a gorilla's "ooooo, oooo, oooo" sound.

It was the cutest when you could see a mother monkey with a baby on her back. I saw that a couple of times and it was sooo cute! The monkey's would climb up in these Buttercup trees and eat the flower blossoms.




There were white face monkey's and black face monkey's. I took this picture of this monkey right off my rooms balcony.


And I took this picture right on the beach. There were six of them in the trees above us.


We stayed at the Four Seasons Resort in Papagayo. This resort was HUGE! Really, truly huge. Remember the TV show Fantasy Island? "Da plane, da plane!" Remember how they drove golf carts around? Well I felt like I was on Fantasy Island. Every time we went somewhere, to breakfast, the pool, the beach, or back to our room, we rode in a golf cart.




I loved our hotel room!

We had a super deep tub...... one that I never got in. Not even once. And we had a nice shower too. But if I didn't want to shower in my hotel room....

Then I could use my outdoor shower!

And have this view from my shower!


We had our own private little pool outside our door.

And this was the view from our private pool. Everyday we would all sit in it at sunset and tell stories and laugh.


The thing that I liked LEAST was by far the grasshoppers! They were humongous! They absolutely creeped us all out. Just look at how big this thing is next to the phone! Thankfully we only saw them OUTSIDE!

Another view of one with a pencil. Oooh! They were creepy!




On one of the days, we went to a local village and painted their school inside and out. It was mint green. Before that it had been pink and before that it had been white. The color they chose was a limey yellow. Hummm...

I had to take pictures of the desks and chairs so that the next time my kids said something like, "I hate school!" or "I don't want to go to school today. School sucks!" I will just pull out these pictures and remind them of just how good their school is and how fortunate they are!





Sam & Whitney, Alli & Mark and Jeff and I with some of the school kids.


Most days we spent our time on this beach.

Jeff, Mark & Ryan B. and his brother in law rented a catamaran one day and went deep sea fishing. They saw humpback whales, pilot whales and caught a rooster fish. I couldn't find where I had put my camera that morning so Jeff went without one. Sadly I don't have any pictures of it.


We rented jet skis a couple different days.




We would have lunch either pool side or on the beach. I know I know, this really is the life!


Loved, loved, loved my trip!

3 comments:

Alli said...

Costa Rica was so AMAZING! The best part of the whole trip is that we got to spend every second of the day hanging out with you guys. It makes me so homesick when I think of how much fun we would have if we lived in the same state :(. Thanks for the fun trip we had a BLAST!! I still get creeped out by those grass hoppers, yuck!

Ellen said...

Abby, your pictures are beautiful, and that first one, of the monkey in the tree with the sunset, is AMAZING! It should be on the cover of National Geographic, or you should enter it in a contest, or something. I love reading about your adventures. Looks like a fun trip! p.s. I've always wanted a private outdoor shower. :-)

Suzanna said...

I'm dieing over your outside pool. How fun. Your view is spectacular. You do live the life. Looks like a very fantastic trip.