JandA4

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cade's 9th Cowboy Birthday Party

During the summer I saw this keg of root beer at the grocery store and I had this idea pop in my head that I wanted to have a cowboy party for Cade - - solely based off that keg..... well September finally rolls around and the keg is no longer in the stores.  Any store in my town or the neighboring towns!  But the wheels were already working in my head, so I still plunged forward with the cowboy theme, even without that darling keg!  I took Cade out back and snapped a quick picture of him and found an invite that I liked online.  I forwarded it all to my BFF in Phoenix and she whipped up yet another fabulous invitation in just a matter of minutes!  They turned out completely darling!  What would I EVER do without her?


I set out rice crispies-which were hay bales
Hershey's Nuggets-wrapped in gold foil.  They were our nuggets of gold
Gum balls
Licorice-which was our rope
And Tootsie rolls

My super talented next door neighbor made this adorable cake for Cade!

And these cupcakes.  They were sooo cute!  She did a fantastic job!


All the boys came and we started out the party with a spitting contest......
A sunflower seed spitting contest that is.  
There was a slight breeze and try as those boys might, those seeds just didn't go more than a couple feet.


The winners of each game got a "gold nugget" which was a chocolate coin in gold packaging. 



 Then we played horseshoes!


For our last game, we shot "varmints"! 
I stamped rabbits, crows and skunks on foam cups.  The boys had to shoot their varmint off the deck first.  I really wanted just simple squirt guns for this, but since summer is over, they are no longer in the stores.  We resorted to using super soakers.  Needless to say, the varmints got shot off quite quickly!


Then I had my darling neighbor Dallin come over and teach the boys how to lasso.  He brought his dummy heads and ropes.  Dallin is a PRCA cowboy and the boys thought it was awesome!

 He was so patient to make sure each boy was doing it right and each boy had to catch one animal head at least once.




Lastly we had dinner.  I fed the boys sloppy joes, chips and carmel corn cobs.  The food was in old pin tins.  And of course they had sasparilla to drink!





 Then it was present time!


He made a wish and blew out his candles.  
Each boy got to make himself a goodie bag to take home.  All the treats were in brown paper bags.  It was such a cute party.  
Happy Birthday Buddy!

No comments: