JandA4

Thursday, November 1, 2012

ALS

This is a picture of my dad and step mom holding Molly when she was a baby.

My brother Brian took my dad and Nancy up to the University of Utah hospital ALL DAY today for tests.  After several hours of tests they confirmed my dad does in fact have Amytrophic Lateral Sclerosis known as ALS, or Lou Gehrig's Disease.  Prognosis?  18 months to 4 years to live.

I used to work with a man, a cute young guy named Rick Richardson who also died of ALS.  I watched him slowly deteriorate to the point where he had to quit working.   A couple years later he passed away.  It is a slow, terrible death.  Or in the words of the doctor today, "shit bad luck" to have this disease.

 On a brighter note, my dad's fancy new motorized wheelchair arrived yesterday.   

No comments: