JandA4

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Was it only just a dream.....

Last night I had a dream that Jeff and I wanted to go shooting guns.  So we called my dad's friend Mont  Davis and asked if we could go shoot in his field.  He said we could so we drove up there.  When I got to his house he was outside and pointed to us where to go.  As I drove my big black Ford Expedition to the entrance of the field, I realized that there was a bike blocking my way in.  Jeff was sitting in the passenger seat and I told him to get out and move it so I could drive in.  He said, "No, you get out and move it."  I put my car in park so that I could get out but my car rolled forward on it's own and knocked the bike over and I ran over the top of it.  We hurried and got out and pulled the bike out from under my car.  Thankfully the only damage was to the right side of the handle bars.  It was bent.  So we took the bike in the house to fix it.  When we were done bending it back, Jeff disappeared and I stood up and looked out the window across the street into the field.  My dad was sitting there in a reddish colored chair with one leg crossed up on the other's knee, watching me.  He was not old.  His hair was not white.  His belly was gone, he was toned and trimmed.  He was younger, maybe around his 50's.  His hair was brown, his skin was a healthy pink and he looked strong.  He was in jeans and a plaid shirt.  I instantly knew that I was dreaming, that I was asleep, but that I also was lucky to see him at the same time.  I told myself to enjoy this moment, to treasure it, and to listen to the sound of his voice again.  I said, "Hi dad!"  He said, "Hi there Abbie Jean!"  But in my mind he had also said "Hi there Laquita" (my nickname that he gave me when I was about 10 years old).  He uncrossed his legs and hopped up out of the chair and walked over to me quickly.  He took me in his arms (both arms, which was not like my dad, he only always gave one armed hugs) and hugged me.  I hugged him back.  I wrapped both my arms around his neck and I smelled him.  He said "I love ya Abbie Jean"  I had tears swell up in my eyes as I said to him, "And I love you.  I really love you dad."  There was an electric feeling that came over my body.  It was like I had lighting coming out of all parts of my body.  I could actually feel him.  Even though all during this time, I knew I was asleep and dreaming.  I knew I was dreaming but it felt so real.  Then he said to me, "You know, your grammy would think this was real."  And in my mind I knew he meant that grammy would think that he had really come to me.  I answered back in a whispered voice, "But it is real isn't it....."  And in my mind I thought, "It's real, I  can feel it."  I could actually feel the feelings that wanted me to feel.  I heard him with more than my ears.  I heard him with my mind, my body, my spirit, my heart.  I knew with clairty exactly what he was saying to me.  He didn't speak another word with his mouth but in my mind I heard him say that he had to go.  I didn't speak with my mouth but I said to him in my mind that I knew he had to go and I understood.  Then he was gone.  My arms were empty.  

It was so real.

There has only been one other time in my life where I have had a dream like this before.  Several years ago I dreamed that I was in my grandparents old farmhouse.  I loved that house so much.  It was always my grandparents home to me, even though they had sold the farmhouse when I was 11 years old.  Their new house was never the same.  Anyway, I was in the old farmhouse in the back bedroom.  My mom was with me.  The setting west sun was making it's way in through the window, making the room buttery and soft.  My grandma appeared in the closet.  She was younger, probably in her 50s' too.  Her hair was brown and she was thinner but still plump and soft, just like a grandma should be!  She was wearing a white dress.  My mom was so excited to see her and was trying so hard to talk to her.  My grandma never spoke a word with her mouth but she looked at her and we both knew that she was saying, "Gloria it's so nice to see you but I only have a short time and I need to talk to Abbie."  It was almost a desperate need to talk to me.  I faced her straight on in the closet and she spoke to me what she needed done.  Our mouths never moved but it was like our spirits communicated.  I told her not to worry, that I would get it done.  I woke up the next morning having a perfect account of what she looked like, how the sun looked, how excited my mom was, every detail - except what she told me to do.  I have never been able to remember it.  But I have never worried about it to great extent either.  I have always been calm about it knowing that my spirit knows and I will take care of it.  Who knows, maybe I already have and just haven't realized it yet.  At the time I was the only blood female on my side on the family that was endowed and held a current recommend.  I still am the only blood female who does.  My mom and my aunt Pat hold a recommend from time to time but mine is constant.  I'm sure that I agreed to do some kind of work, I'm just not sure what it was.  I have never dreamed of her like that since.

No comments: