JandA4

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Valentines Day 2014

I love decorating for holidays.  Really I love shopping for holidays more than anything!  I could spend hour upon hour in a home decor store.  But ask me to go clothes shopping and its like the worst possible thing ever!  EVER!

This year Molly, Sidney and I made sugar cookies.  
Jeff requested a massive one all for himself....






 So we made him a giant one all for himself.  I even made it with butter cream frosting - just for him.  Just like he likes.  For one cookie.  

The rest of us had cream cheese frosting!

We had gone to a Salem Hills High school basketball game on Valentines night.  Who does that anyway?  A HS basketball game-for VALENTINES?  We don't even have a kid who plays basketball.  But oh well.  That's just how exciting our lives are I guess.  While there, my dumpster diving son dug some flowers out of the trash and brought them to me.  They were even thrown away in a vase.  Cade is so sweet and thoughtful!  I love this kid.  Really, what kid sees something in the trash and doesn't think of his mom?  I know that sounds sarcastic but it's not meant to be.  He really is always thinking of others.  He has the biggest heart.  He has given me "second hand" ear rings, a mop and now flowers!  I love you Cade, you have a givers heart and that is really something special.

 I love to shop in home decor stores and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE making Valentine boxes.  I don't know why, but I do.  So for Cade's box this year I made him a monster.  He turned out so cute.  I love his toenails!

Molly's class made theirs in school.  I was bummed that I couldn't make one for her.  I had so many cute ideas....... But they were actually pretty cute.  She did a great job!

No comments: