JandA4

Monday, May 4, 2009

Remodel Underway! .... Ugggghh!

After 10 years of being in this house, it's time to remodel. Last night we shoved all of this stuff into the family room. The washer, dryer, dishwasher, fridge, stove, 2 tables, chairs, the hutch, laundry stuff, etc. You can barely walk thourgh here. What you can't see in this picture is the thin layer of dust that covers everything.

I had my linen closet torn out so that I can add that little bit of room into my laundry room.

The door to my linen closet being sheetrocked over after it had been taken out.


WHAT were we thinking 10 years ago when we picked out VANILLA colored carpet????? This room is my dining room. It will be repainted an olive green color and this room with have travertine in it.

All the rest of the tile is being ripped up and will be replaced with travertine too. The red wall in my breakfast nook will be a biege color.

My main bathroom tile getting torn out. What you can't see is my tub. It has my rugs, the trash can and the toilet in it. Just FYI, if you're a girl and you try to take a toilet out by yourself, don't. They are really heavy. Don't try to be HeMan, just let a couple of men do it. Your back will thank you.
The rest of the upstairs is getting painted too. Everything will pretty much stay similar to the colors that I already have, except Sidney's room will go from pink to yellow and my bedroom will go a totally different shade of beige. I'll post more pictures later when more progess is done.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh man that sucks but it's awesome at the same time. I just hope it is as short and as painless as possible. Are you keeping the bag lady on your red wall?

Sandra said...

How exciting!!! I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Okay, so don't fall over BUT but I updated again...I am back baby!!!!

HKins said...

You're ambitious. Good luck with all of that. I'm wondering how long this is all supposed to take and where you're all staying while this is going on.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the finished product! I'm sure it will look AMAZING! :) Good luck during the process!

abbie higginson said...

Of course I'll keep my bag lady! I'll never get rid of her! She is a bit dated and maybe a bit grandma-ish but she is toooo handy!

Casey, Cammy and 5 C's said...

Oh I feel your pain. So worth it in the end though. Yours will probably be finished before mine even though we started a year ago. I'm not even kidding. Can't wait to see how yours turns out.