JandA4

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake

When Jeff and I first got married I thought cake was cake. It was all the same to me. It didn't matter if it was from a box, the store bakery or homemade from scratch. It was all the same. But his whole family, I'm talking everyone - parents - aunts - grandma's - siblings - everyone makes their cake from scratch. Well I learned the difference in taste and now I only like cake from scratch. It is more dense and just tastes yummier to me. Well this cake is from a box....with other ingredients....from a box. While I wish it was as moist as a cake from scratch, I still like it. It is great!

1 chocolate cake mix
1 small box of instant chocolate pudding
4 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. warm water
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 bag of chocolate chips

*Mix all together at the same time. Add the bag of chocolate chips at the end. Pour into a well greased bundt pan. Bake on 350 for about 55 minutes or until a pick inserted in the middle comes out clean, or the top of the cake is spongy. Let cool and turn out on a cake plate. You can either dust it with powdered sugar or drizzle a chocolate glaze on top.


Shiny Chocolate Glaze
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. cocoa
1/4 c. heavy whipping cream
1 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

*On low heat, melt the butter in a sauce pot. Add cocoa and whipping cream. Stir until it thickens. (Don't Boil!) Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and powdered sugar.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups. Just enough to drizzle over the top of a bundt cake.

No comments: