JandA4

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Baseball in the Desert Tournament

Jens had a tournament in Las Vegas over Easter weekend. My kids were thrilled to go over Easter. They swam in the pool, went bowling, played at the parks and soaked up the sunshine ~ meanwhile back at home it was snowing!


I took the kids down on the strip a couple times. We went to New York, New York and road the roller coaster and played at their "Coney Island".

We went to M&M world and spent a small fortune on M&M's.

Jeff and I went out and had dinner one evening with our good friends, the Martin's who live there. Then Jeff and I went with Jeff's parents to see Jersey Boy's while we were there. It was a great trip!



The Dawgs ended up taking third place. Not bad considering it was single elimination and there were about 40 teams. But I'm a pessimist I guess because I am still wondering why we didn't take FIRST PLACE!




I'm amazed at how much, over the years I have come to love every single boy on this team. My heart breaks for them when they fail and I am one proud mama for them when they succeed. I am really going to miss spending time with all of them when this season is over. I just hope that all of them make the high school baseball team next year. All of their parents are great! They have raised fine young men. I'm so glad that Jens has good friends.

No comments: