JandA4

Friday, April 27, 2012

Happy SURPRISE 14th Birthday to Jens!

When my girls have a birthday, Jeff takes them out on a date to dinner and shopping or whatever.  When my boys have a birthday, I take them out on a date to dinner too.  I took Jens out like normal and that was all he wanted to do because his friend wanted him to go fishing --- or so Jens thought.  Little did he know, the friend was already at our house waiting to surprise him!

He hurried in our house already unbuttoning his shirt to change into his fishing clothes.  He glanced out the back window and saw tons of balloons, tons of friends and lots of treats.  He was so surprised!  He hurried and buttoned his shirt back up, with all the friends watching him through the window, and went to see them all.  It was a perfect surprise!  

I had bought everything ahead of time and had it all hiding in my closet.  My sweet neighbors came over and helped Jeff set up the blow up outdoor movie screen, the balloons, the popcorn machine, the treats and the volleyball net.  They were so fabulous to help out!



They played volleyball and messed around until it got dark.  Then they watched the movie Jack and Jill.  They had pizza and treats.  I think it turned out great!

The only picture I didn't take was one of the aftermath the next morning.  Do you remember that movie Sixteen Candles?  Do you remember the part when Jake Ryan has that party at his house and the next morning he wakes up to a massive mess in and outside of his house........  He just stands there with this look of disgust and remorse on his face.... Remember that?  Well that is exactly how I felt the next day! I wondered what I was thinking!

Then I just had to remember how much I loved my little Jensy Bug and it was all worth it!

But seriously, I don't think I will be doing that again anytime soon.

No comments: