JandA4

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Under the Sea

For Molly's 6th birthday we had a mermaid party.  I wanted to do it at Lincoln Beach so that I would have a nice sandy area and water in my pictures.  But I had so many girls coming that I couldn't fit them all in my car and I didn't feel like I could ask all the mom's to drive all the way out to Utah Lake two separate times -  to drop off and to pick up.  So we ended up at Salem Pond.  Shasta took pictures of Molly and she turned the water into a gorgeous aqua color so it looked like we were in the Caribbean!



I made her this cute tutu to wear. 


Mandie Knudsen made her a cake and I made the cupcakes.  They both turned out just like I wanted.

I bought seashell chocolate molds and filled them with pink chocolate for the cupcake toppers.

It turned out to be a very windy day - grrr!  I sadly couldn't get the pictures that I wanted because of the wind but you kind of get the gist of the table scape.  The girls were able to make a candy bag to take home.  They also got bubble blower and flip flops in their "thank you" bag.



We had a fish pond. 
 I made this up quick and had Jens and Sidney running it.


Each girl got a lip gloss to add to her "thank you" bag from the fish pond.


Sidney went a little overboard and threw the fishing line back and hit Alivia in the head with the lip gloss.  She thought it was so funny!  Sometimes she would toss back an empty line and she'd say that the fish got away!  She thought she was hilarious!








After she opened her presents they all made magnets.  They could choose from a mermaid, a crab, a whale and a jelly fish.  They added those to the thank you bag.




Then we sang to her and ate cupcakes.  I couldn't find one single match in my house so sadly she didn't blow out any candles.

After presents and cupcakes the girls just played at the park until it was time to go home. 






Her party friends







No comments: