JandA4

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Big Jensy turns 16

My Jensy Bug has turned 16!  I can't believe all these years have gone by so fast.  I feel myself starting to panic wondering if I've taught him all the things he needs to know about real life yet.  I know I haven't and then I panic more because I'm running out of time.  It seems to go by so fast.  He's such a good boy and I've been so blessed to be his mom.  He makes me laugh, I know I can depend on him and I genuinely love to hang out with him.  He's one of my very best friends.  My life would be so empty without him.  I genuinely love his friends too.  They are all the best kids.  I'm so glad he has had such good friends, who are good boys and a good influence.  Since he's been driving my Expedition to work everyday, mucking horse stalls and then climbing back into MY car with horse crap on him....... we decided to get him his own set of wheels.  We found this 1998 Jeep Wrangler for a good buy and decided it was meant to be since they were the same age!  We bought it back in October and have been hiding it all these months just waiting for the big day.  The lady who had it had hardly put any miles on it and had kept it in great condition.  The morning of his birthday, I made him breakfast in bed - biscuits and sausage gravy - and then he opened his presents from Sidney, Cade & Molly.  We told him that we were planning on taking him shopping after he played his baseball game later that day.  Then Jens faked a phone call from Duane.  He told Jens that grandpa needed the lawn edger and told Jens to run it up to him.  The kids and I were already waiting outside the garage for him.

He opened the house door to come out and saw us all there and said, 'What!"

Then he looked over and saw the jeep with a big red bow on the hood.....
His next words were, "Oh my heck......."

"This is mine???!!"

"This thing is sweet!"

He was super excited!  He hopped in it to go for a spin.  

He drove straight up to Grandma and Grandpa Higginson's house where Katelyn was staying while her parents were out of town.  Shes been dying for a ride in it.  

He pretty much spent the next week giving people rides in it!  

No comments: