JandA4

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Molly Kit Kat turns 7!

We had the cutest Candyland themed birthday party for Molly's 7th birthday.  I made up 3 different invitations for Molly to choose from.  She loved all 3, and quite honestly, so did I.  So we made all 3 of them up.  I made several copies of each and the kids all got different invites.









I made her cake out of styrofoam.  I frosted a large piece of foam and stuck candy canes and suckers in it so easily.  It worked out perfectly!  I frosted an area with chocolate frosting and put malt balls and milk duds in the chocolate frosting for the Molasses Swamp area.  I wish I could have found a print of Gloppy the molasses swamp guy to put on the cake.


Each kid got their own bag to fill with candy to take home.

We started out the party by having the kids decorate their own gingerbread man.  Instead of having the bakery make the cookies out of gingerbread, I had them make sugar cookies.  I figured the kids would eat those easier.






They we had a relay race between two teams.  They had to suck M&M's up with a straw from one bowl and drop them in another bowl.  Since the kids are younger, I cut the straws in half to make it easier for them.  





Then I divided them into two different teams again and we had a candy castle making contest.









Then we opened presents.



Molly had been begging to play "Button Button, who's got the Button?"  So we did, but instead we used a peppermint candy and called it, "Candy Candy, who's got the Candy?"


Then we played King Kandy Says - - my version of Simon Says.


Then we sang Happy Birthday and the kids ate cupcakes.











No comments: