JandA4

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

He's BAAAAACK!

Jens flew home on August 22, 2018.  His flight was scheduled to land at 7:54am.  Now I've never been to a single thing on time in my entire life.  I have ALWAYS been that way.  My mom was even overdue with me and I was born later than expected.  I hated it and it drove me nuts but not ever nuts enough to change the terrible pattern.  Soooo, I've just excepted it and decided that I like that about me.  Haha!

That said, we all decided that our little family better sleep at one of the airport hotels just to ensure that we'd be there on time.  And it's a dang good thing that we did because his flight had quite the tail wind and they ended up landing at 7:38am!  Now thats only 16 minutes earlier than expected but when you live an hour from the airport and its morning rush hour traffic, 16 minutes can make or break you.  Several of our family members were rushing to get there in time!

Sidney had hired Sophie Jones to film his arrival and Aunt Suzi (who was one of them racing to get there) was my photographer.  I couldn't hold back the emotions.  I had been strong for two years and all of a sudden, I knew it was finally over and and the tears were right at the surface.

When he landed, knowing he was early and that we would most likely be a little late.... he stopped to help someone who was lost in the airport.  He helped them find their flight by taking them from the B wing over to the C wing, then all the way back past B and A and down the escalator to where we were waiting.  I liked that he came after the rush of the other passengers!  It was only him and Elder Hamilton, who he had served with since the MTC.  We were able to share a more private moment welcoming them home!

I was so happy to have him home!




























No comments: