JandA4

Friday, July 10, 2009

CHI-CA-GO!

We just got home from Chicago last night. What a fun trip! We spent 5 days there with our friends Travis and Shasta. The Chicago river runs right through the middle of the city.

We rented a quad bike and took it along Navy Pier. It was soo much fun. We laughed our guts out. We were entirely too fat to be on it and I'm sure people had to laugh at us but it was so much fun. I am buying one!




I kept looking down and finding Shasta just enjoying her ride. Her legs held out and she wasn't peddling AT ALL! The slacker! Having us do all the work!

We took a tour bus ride though the city.

We went to Wrigley Field and watched 2 Cubs games. They played the Atlanta Braves both times. They won one and lost one.

We had a total down pour in one of the games. It was delayed for about 1 hour and then the rain let up to a light sprinkle.


Do you remember "Joe the Plumber" from the presidential race? Well this guy made his own rendition of it as Mike the Usher.

We were right against the fence on the bottom row. We were at the back of the 2nd base line. We had great views of the Braves. They sat right in front of us and warmed up RIGHT in front of us.
We went to see Mary Poppins on Broadway. Very good play!

The subways were clean and the buildings were ornate and really pretty. The streets were clean and swept as were the sidewalks. Big flower planters were all around. There were also clocks EVERYWHERE! They were on at least half the buildings and on about every corner. I took some pictures of some of the pretty ones. I have heard that Chicago's slogan is "Time is money". Well one thing for sure is that you never had to wonder what time it was.




There was even a clock on the ground. We had a fun time and this is one city I will definitely come back to visit.

3 comments:

HKins said...

How fun! I can't believe you went to Chicago. David and Beth live like a whole minute from there. Next time you should try to visit them. I hope you're coming to the reunion tomorrow. No using the whole "I'm worn out from my trip" excuse. I'll for sure be there so what other reason do you really need to show up? Exactly! I'll see ya soon. :)

Alli said...

Abbie that is hillarious!! I loved Shasta enjoying her ride. I am still laughing. We need to go on vacation NOW!! Your photos of Chicago are so great.

Suzanna said...

Looks like you guys had a great time in Chicago. I want to go see Mary Poppins so bad. Loved all the clocks how unique is that.