JandA4

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Jens' 11th Birthday Party! (Finally)

I finally threw Jens his birthday -- 3 months late! But hey, better late than never right? We had a movie party. It turned out pretty fun. Jeff wouldn't let me take hardly any pictures because after all, Jens is 11 now and that is SOOO big and heaven forbid if I embarrass him by being seen and taking pictures!
When they came they ate pizza.

Then they played a little backyard baseball until sundown.




Then they watched a movie that we had projected onto the fence. I bought these really cute hard plastic popcorn buckets at Tiapan and then I made marshmallow popcorn and butter popcorn and filled them. They were really cute but you'll just have to use your imagination and thank Jeff for there not being a picture of them. Then I set out bowls of UNWRAPPED candy. Unwrapped being the key word. Can you imagine the mess a dozen boys COULD have made! No cake---because when you go to the movie you don't eat cake. You eat popcorn and candy!


2 comments:

HKins said...

Abbie you're amazing at throwing parties! I love the movie in the back yard idea. I'm sure the boys had so much fun. When I was reading about the unwrapped candy I paused long enough to wonder why on Earth you would take time to unwrap all that candy. Then of course I read your ingenious reasoning. This is why you're a mom & I'm not! So, now why was Jens' party 3 months late? When is his real birthday?

abbie higginson said...

I didn't buy candy and unwrap it, I just bought candy without wrappers. You know, like m&m's and skittles, reeses pieces....etc. His birthday is iin April but the weather is so unpredicable in April that we usually wait until June or so to hold it. That way we can have water parties and other things outdoors. I need to post some pics of his party last year. It was AWESOME! I don't know that I could ever top that one. I'll try to get the pictures of it on.