JandA4

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekend in Vegas

As soon as my grandpa's funeral was over, we raced home, quickly packed our bags and ran to the airport to catch a 4:50pm flight to Las Vegas. Jeff had a previously scheduled meeting there and I was planning on coming along. It just made things a bit tight with my grandpa's death. But we made it and had a great weekend. We stayed in the Paris. I have never stayed there yet and it was nice. This was the view from my room. I looked down at the Bellagio water fountains and could watch the water shows whenever I wanted, and I could see the Eiffel Tower.
Thursday night when we arrived, we went to see Lion King. It was a really great show! The music was powerful. Then we ate a restaurant called MIX. It was good and had a neat atmosphere but I don't know that I'll ever go back to it. The food was a little....out there. I'm not big on putting duck liver on my bread.
Friday night we ate at the Eiffel Tower. This place had a great atmoshpere and the food was delicious! I will defiantly go back to this place and I recommend it to anyone! We both had surf-n-turf fillet, with a great chocolate souffle for dessert.

We sat right against the window and had a nice view of the Bellagio water show, but really anywhere you sat in this restaurant, you would have a view. We asked our waiter if there were any celebrities there and he said, "Well no, but the guy who is coming to sit at the table right next to you in a few minutes just lost $18 million dollars in the last 2 days here! We are comping his meal." 18 MILLION!!! Do you know what I could do with 18 million! What a complete idiot! I didn't even feel bad for him. He was some Asian man and apparently he had money to BURN!

After dinner, we went to the top of the Eiffel Tower. (we went to las vegas with my bro glen, his wife kathy, jeff's assistant julie and her husband brandon) We stayed up there for a few minutes and got some neat pictures of the view.


We flew home Saturday night. It was a nice break considering the emotional week we had had.

1 comment:

HKins said...

My favorite part of this post was the story about the guy that lost $18 million dollars gambling! Wow, I can't even imagine that. Did he look distraught at all?