JandA4

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Aloha!

Jeff and I went to Hawaii for a little working vacation. Working for Jeff - vacation for me! We went with my brother Glen, his wife Kathy and our friends Jesse and Lisa.
We had breakfast one morning at the Kihei Cafe. I had banana macadamia nut french toast with coconut syrup. Oh it was oh so good!



We went snorkeling at Molokini and to Turtle Town. Molokini was great but I only saw 3 turtles at Turtle Town. I have been there before when they were all over. It was still really neat to see them even if there were only 3.


Glen and Kathy snorkeling

Lisa would just rather soak up as much sun as possible and not snorkel.

We went out to dinner one night at one of my favorite restaurants. Mama's Fish House. If you ever go to Maui and are looking for a GREAT place to eat, go to Mama's. It sits on a beach with beautiful views and the windows in the restaurant are open or rather non existent so you get all the fresh air and the food is just delicious. My favorite thing there is the macadamia nut encrusted Mahi Mahi.


Lisa, Me and Kathy just outside the restaurant.

We stayed at the Grand Wailea. It is my favorite place in the world to stay. The hotel itself is really pretty and the grounds are simply amazing! Every time I stay there I am reminded of why I love the place.




The pools are the BEST! They have full size water slides, a water elevator, a lazy river that runs all around the pools, a sandy beach kiddy pool, and little water slides that are all over that take you from the top of the pools to the very bottom one. There are a couple of bars in the pool that you can swim up to and have a drink in. So fun! I love the pools!

Jeff, Kathy and Glen going down on of the little slides. We had great weather, a great time in the ocean and a great time with friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you please at least TRY to stuff me in your suitcase next time? LOL Sounds like you had a great time! :)

Erin Bradley said...

That looks AMAZING! I loved it there when we went with Agel. So fun and so jealous.