JandA4

Monday, November 22, 2010

Cats

Jeff thinks that cats are evil, awful, ugly, horrible creatures put here on earth to torment man. He can't stand them. Especially kittens - especially when they purr.

Really? KITTENS??? Kittens??? I don't understand.

I, on the other hand happen to love cats! I think they are sweet and cute and I love it when they purr. Especially kittens!
That is..... I love cats 90% of the time.

There I was last night, or rather this morning because it was 12:31 am, sitting in my bedroom in my chair reading my book. I was in the part of the book where the killer finally catches up with her prey. She strikes by hitting her prey with a rock to knock her prey loopy and then she pushes her off a cliff. Pretty intense part. Not to mention the fact that Jeff has been out of the country for the past 2 weeks straight. When much to my dismay, I hear an awful sound just outside my window. My legs went weak. You know that feeling you get when you almost crash your car or something like that and you get all shaky inside? Well that is how my legs felt. I then realized that it was a cat making those howling sounds that they do when they are mating. I HATE THAT SOUND!!! I tried banging on my window to get it to leave but it didn't. 14 minutes later when it was still at it, howling and moaning, I had the thought run through my mind to fill my mop bucket full of cold water, trudge outside in the 30 degree weather and walk barefoot in the snow and douse the stupid animal with the water! Thankfully it finally stopped and I didn't have to go out.
And in times like this, this is when I agree with Jeff on the whole cat issue. Don't you just hate that sound? I especially hate it when I am sound asleep and I get woken up to it.

(And by the way, they girl that got hit with the rock and pushed off the cliff survived. Her prince charming came riding in on his white horse to save the day and the would be killer was taken care of. You know me. I love books that start out with a "once upon a time" and end with a "and they lived happily ever after!")

1 comment:

Suzanna said...

Oh Abbie you and me both love that "Happy EVER after.:)" Please tell me you weren't reading Whitney my love AGAIN.