JandA4

Friday, November 19, 2010

What's for dinner?

I love shepherd's pie

My mom used to make it all the time when I was young. She would mix her ground beef with a can of cream of mushroom soup, then she would put a can of beans for the next layer and then the mashed potatoes with cheese. I always loved it because it was the only kind I had ever had. When I got married, my mother in law made it slightly different. Sorry mom, yours is good but I like my mother in laws better!

My mother in law mixes a can of tomato soup with her beef, then she puts a can of corn for the next layer, then her mashed potatoes. She sprinkles a little cheese on top of her potatoes, I sprinkle A LOT of cheese on top of mine! (Can you tell that I like cheese?)
If you have never made shepherd's pie before, it is a sinch!

First layer: Brown 1 pound ground beef
add a can of soup (tomato or cream of mushroom)
Second layer: A can of either beans or corn
Third layer: Mashed potatoes with sprinkled cheese on top

*The meat and potatoes are already hot, but you still need to put it in the oven on 350 for about 15 minutes. Just to heat the vegetables and melt the cheese.

No comments: