JandA4

Friday, March 11, 2011

5th Grade Science Fair

Sidney had her science fair yesterday and today. My mother in law had sent me an email a long time ago about a science fair project about microwaved water. Two identical plants were purchased on the same day. Each one was given the same amount of sunlight. The only difference between the two was in the watering. We took equal parts of water. One part was boiled on the stove and the other part was boiled in a microwave safe container in the microwave. We watered the plants with the water after it had cooled completely. In the email, the microwaved water plant was totally dead within 9 days. We watered our plants for a month and nothing happened. So we really didn't get the neat effect we were hoping for but at least I can feel fine about using my microwave. (not like I would have quit using it anyway!!!)

Sidney with some of her BFF's: Gracie and Hannah

1 comment:

The Higginson's said...

Ok, seriously, ever since Julie sent that email, it has scared me, and I try not to use the microwave as much can. What a good project to do. Way to go Sid!