JandA4

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sloppy Joe's

My plan today was to make sloppy joe's for dinner. But today has been such a cold and rainy day that I decided I didn't want to wait until dinner for them. So I made them for lunch. Growing up my mom always just used Manwich.
Four letters: Y U C K!

Sorry mom, but I don't like Manwich. I never knew anything but so it didn't matter then. In fact, I didn't even know that you could make sloppy joe's from scratch. Dumb girl I know! I always make my mother in law's recipe now. I love them. So I figured I would pass the recipe along just in case there were some other naive people in the world besides me.
2 pounds ground beef
1 onion - chopped
*Brown together

1 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp worcheshire sauce
*Add all ingredients to the meat and heat through. So simple yet delicious!

1 comment:

Suzanna said...

I should have came over for lunch. My stomach is totally growling now.