JandA4

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day

Two years ago when my little Caden was 5 years old, he gave me the sweetest little Mother's Day gift. We have a lost and found at our church and apparently he had his eye on this pair of "lost" earrings for quite some time. He kept telling the librarian that he wanted them for his mom. She told him that if no one had claimed them by Mother's Day that he could have them. Well, Mother's Day came along and no one had claimed them so I was the recipient the them! I had no idea that he was looking at them and talking to the librarian about them. It was a surprise to me. So to all the friends I have at church...... If these earrings once belonged to you, sorry! They are now mine! And Cade is soooo proud still to this day each time I wear them.

For Mother's Day this year Jeff gave me new corian kitchen counter tops! I had been in St. George for the week prior to and he had stayed home for work. He had these installed while I was gone. It was a total surprise! We had talked about re-doing them for a couple of years but never talked colors, styles or anything. I seriously had no clue that he was doing this. When I came home and saw them, I loved them, but I didn't like my cupboards with it. So I painted my cupboards BY MYSELF! I glazed them with a darker paint and then I had Jeff's cousin, who is a cabinet maker, stain some darker bead board wood to go around my bar.
I had a couple of bids to glaze my cabinets and they were both around $2000.00 and I did it by myself for less than $20! Sure it took me HOURS of work by hey, you can't beat $20!
I love my new kitchen!


Here is what my cupboards and counter tops used to look like.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the new kitchen it is beautiful! Great job and Abby seriously you are one of the funniest people I know, so glad to be your friend.

HKins said...

I love the ear rings and counter top. You are sooo spoiled! :)