JandA4

Monday, December 12, 2011

My Christmas trees.... Finally!

I put up all my Christmas decorations and all my trees in the end of November but I am now just finally taking pictures of them. This is the tree in my upstairs entryway. It's a flocked tree and I have all the ornaments in lime, red and silver. I love how the decorations look on the flock. It always looks like it's glowing.







This is the tree in my downstairs family room. I have had these decorations for several years but I still love them.



And my favorite tree of the house....... drum roll please......
This is the tree in my bedroom. It's 9 feet of red, gold and green elegant goodness. I can hardly see the tree amidst all the decorations and that's just how I like it!

I am one of those mean mom's who doesn't let my kids decorate the Christmas trees. I know what you're thinking, "Mean mom! Let your kids enjoy it too! Build some memories! Have a tradition! Blah! Blah! Blah!"

Well it's not going to happen.

So to compromise, my kids each have a tree in their bedrooms that they can decorate themselves. See, I'm no so mean after all.


Sidney and Molly's bedroom tree. It's done in hot pink and lime green with fairy's and butterflies on it. Totally girly!

The tree in Cade's room. Stars with red and rust colored candy swirls and candy canes. Matches his room great. He loves it!

And alas, the tree in Jens' room. It's done in red and green with candy swirls, cookies, gingerbread houses and gingerbread men. It does NOT match his room in any way, shape or form. But have you ever shopped for Christmas ornaments that were pheasants, deer, fish, hunting or outdoor things? I have and let me tell you, they have been a hard find. So instead he has the gingerbread tree.

A second picture so you can see the decorations a little bit better.

I changed the way I decorate the top of my entertainment center this year. I used to have a ton of snowmen and Santa's up there. They are all still great decorations, I am just tired of looking at them. I climbed a step ladder and took this picture. It's bit blurry but you get the idea.

I changed my mantle too. I usually have it all decked out in lighted garland like my entertainment center. It's always really pretty but it's nice to have it look simple this year.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh Abbie, it looks beautiful! You will have to go to the festival of trees next year. This year there was a hunting tree. It had a set of antlers mounted to the top as the "topper", the bead/garland was hundreds of pop can tops strung together with bright orange fabric cut in thin strips. OH the lights had shotgun shells on them and we laughed so hard and thought is was so clever. Then I saw the actual lights just like that already made at Hobby Lobby. It was hilarious! There were gifts under it wrapped in newspaper and tied with bright orange strips of fleecy fabric. I'll have to try and remember what else...most of it was creativity/thinking outside the box and home made. I want to say there were those clear balls and they had filled with something huntey. Good luck! They all look great.