JandA4

Monday, January 4, 2016

Fun at the Cabin

We were SOOOO grateful for Mark & Kathy's family letting us stay at their cabin while our house was being built.  We had some pretty fun times there.  Hikes to the big tree, tin foil dinners, s'mores, cousins over to play, four wheeler rides, lots of wildlife to see and some pretty crazy rainstorms!




Cade and Molly loved going up to the big swing!  I was always nervous that a bear was going to come and get them!  There are a ton of black bear in those parts and bear were spotted on occasion around the cabins or the pond.  I had a couple rules.  They were to take the 4 wheeler EVERYWHERE they went.  I thought the noise of the machine would help deter bears and they always had to walk close together so that they would look bigger.  Kinda dumb I know, but it gave me peace of mind.










I put some cracked corn out in a container on the front porch to entice the turkeys up there.  Peaches loved watching them and when she was out, she would climb the trees to the tippity top and catch birds.







I had my mom, Darren's family and Brian's family up for the day.  We had a great time!  We hiked up to the Big Tree and made tin foil dinners when we came back.  The kids loved it!  





Darren's kids have decided that they want to live in a cabin too!



No comments: