JandA4

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Jensen Family Get Together

I've never really known my dads side of the family so I decided that that needed to change.  I invited all my aunts / uncles / cousins to my house for a bbq.  LOTS of them came and the ones who couldn't make it were sad that they couldn't.  I had a wonderful time and so did everyone else!  We ate, visited and got to know each other and then I had printed off tons of pictures that I had gotten from my dad and aunts and uncles.  I had those photo albums out for people to look at.  Then I had taken my dads old 8mm home movies from the 1950's later.  I had them made into DVD's.  There was a lot of footage of my cousin Joe, who was killed when he was just 7 years old.  (my grandpa accidentally ran over him) Everyone just loved watching the old home movies and I loved watching them with everyone.  I was finally able to know who some of the people in them were!  Everyone stayed way later than they had originally planned.  They all just enjoyed themselves!  I'll definitely be doing it again.







No comments: