JandA4

Thursday, June 4, 2009

What a Bad Day

I am on a war path today and you know what? I am taking NO PRISONERS! Everyone is GOING DOWN!!! I have sworn A LOT today. And I have felt better and better with each word I've said! I wake up and open my blinds to find that my yard has been toilet papered. We clean that up and move on to Sidney's room. Sidney's room is getting the bead board, trim and ceiling painted today. (the walls tomorrow) So I needed to haul her dresser out, the mattress and box springs, take the bed apart, remove all the stuff off her walls and wipe it all down. (now keep in mind that this happened to Jens' room yesterday so I'm still cleaning up that mess) I have me, myself, and I to help myself haul this stuff. So while I'm pushing and shoving and sweating and swearing, the neighbor kids are ringing the doorbell and knocking on the door every 15-20 minutes or so. I step in my laundry room to switch a load when the door gets knocked on again. My kids get it and it is my little neighbor girl who is this darling little 2 year old that we just love, except for today. She comes in and has a wooden bat with her. You know like those 24 inch souvenir kind. I say, "Oh hi! You can't have that bat inside my house so run it home." Because I'm thinking that I don't want my freshly painted walls to get whacked, right. So she runs along home and decides to stop by my Expedition on the way and she gives it a lot of whacks on the door instead! My blood was really hot before but now it starts to boil. I come inside my house from surveying the damage and take it out on my kids by pretending that I am a sailor for the day. And everyone knows that sailors have foul mouths. Now keep in mind that my two 17 year old neighbor boys are on my deck staining it. And another kid is working on my sprinklers (and his dad is a bishop). Well it was such a nice day today that instead of running my AC, I just opened the windows instead. I forgot about them being open until I saw one of the boys stop in mid move when I screamed a swear word at Sid. But I just remember that I am a sailor today and shrug it off! A few minutes later Cade tells me that Molly has been in the bathroom and has emptied the roll of toilet paper off into the toilet. This day just keeps getting better! I get everything done and I wait. I wait, and I wait. My window washer didn't come because he said that it looked like it was going to rain. I think he forgot what state we live in. We don't get rain! And if we do it never lasts longer than 15 minutes. My painter doesn't come because he had a pipe break at work that he had to fix. Sid's mattress will now be in my living room and her dresser will now be in the hallway for one day longer. (I was originally planning on only 2 days, now it'll be 3). You know what I really want? I just want this house finished! I want the paint done, the light fixtures replaced and mostly, I want a bathroom door back and I want my doorknobs put back on all of my doors so I can LOCK little ones...like Molly OUT!

4 comments:

The Higginson's said...

That is horrible! I am so sorry for the day you had. I hope tomorrow is better. I went to sids dance recital but couldn't find anyone after to say hi. She looked so pretty and did really well! I didn't know about cades foot. That would hurt!

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap!! What a day...! If it's any consolation I have laughed until I'm almost crying reading this post! :) Next time you have to move furniture why don't you call me? I will come and cuss like a sailor with you! Isn't that what friends are for? LOL! Love ya babe! I hope today is MUCH better for you!

jenae nae said...

abbie do you need a shake? i'll bring you something naughty that will make all the pain go away :)

HKins said...

This is a fantastic post! What a horrible day! I have NO idea how moms do what they do & survive. You're a great story teller! Very entertaining! I'm glad you survived so you can tell many more stories. :)