JandA4

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cade turns another year older


We had the cutest party for Cade's birthday this year. We had a fireman party. I told the kids how when the fireman go out on a call, they have to get their special clothes on really quickly so we played a relay game doing the same thing. The kids divided into two teams and had to put on pants, a shirt, a hat and shoes and then race around the "fire" as fast as they could.


Then we had a real fireman and a real firetruck come to our house. Lights and sirens and all. He showed the kids his special clothes and all about the firetruck.


He let each one honk the big loud horn and turn on the sirens.
He showed the kids how the hoses work.

He talked about how heavy their clothes were and he let each one try on the coat so that they could see just how heavy it was.

He got tons of awesome presents.


And the cutest cake too.


When it was time to leave he gave everyone their goodie bag. Each one had things like playdoh, a fire rescue car or a toy fireman, candy, and glitter balls. Really cute and the kids thought the fireman was way too cool.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Man you throw the best birthday parties ever! Just looking at the pictures makes me tired. Ours never involve much more than a piniata and maybe bowling if we feel adventurous. I should hire you.
A

The Higginson's said...

I don't think anyone can out do your birthday parties. Your little ones are so lucky to have you. You are awesome! I love your new bike, I loved, loved, loved, agel world, and hate that your kids ate the crawdad. Funny, but disgusting.

HKins said...

How did you come up with this idea? Wow, what a fun party.

Erin Bradley said...

You guys are always doing fun and creative things. I have yet to throw my kids a birthday party, sad huh. Next year I will be calling you for ideas. You guys are an awesome, fun family!

Mother Bird said...

Too Fun! How did you pull the strings to get the fire truck to come?
Do you know some of those fellas?
K

Destri said...

I so can't wait till molly starts having these cool party's so hank can come....I guess I need to start bringing him around to play ;)!