JandA4

Thursday, September 10, 2009

No, it really didn't taste good

The other day I left my kids with my neighbor girl to babysit. I guess you could say that she is kindof a tomboy. My kids love her because of that. She'll take them fishing, play ball with them, ya know, that kind of thing. Well, this particular day she took them down to the river and they happened to catch a crawdad. I have always told my kids that if they kill something, they better be eating it! That pretty much solved the problem of Jens wanting to shoot tweety birds just for the heck of it. Well, if you look closely at the pictures you'll notice that it is missing one claw. I guess that my kids were the cause of that so they decided they better eat it. So Gus, my sitter took them inside, got a pot of water boiling and tossed the poor thing in! Then she cut it's head and body off and served up the tail portion to them all! Sick! Now I have eaten crawdads before -- but only when they were prepared by chefs! Not by 12 year old kids. Yuck, Yuck, Yuck.

2 comments:

HKins said...

Oh my gosh. Gross! But I do love the rule that if they kill it they have to eat it. Brilliant idea. :)

Anonymous said...

I just threw up a little in my mouth- SICK! THis just proves that kids will eat just about anything...ONCE! :)