JandA4

Sunday, April 11, 2010

I don't care how cheesy their blog is..... no family is perfect!

You know how sometimes you read people's blogs and it just sounds like everything in their world is soooo grand and wonderful? They have a blissful marriage, their children are perfect, their house is wonderful, blah, blah, blah! Well -- my family is definitely NOT perfect! We do go to church every Sunday. My husband is in the bishopric. I am in the Primary Presidency. But we cuss. A lot. So this little story is about my 2 year old swearing.

The night before last I was suffering from a chest cold. I had taken a couple of NyQuil and was totally dead to the world. Jeff was in Spain and I was so sound asleep. I finally woke to Molly crying. By the time I could see the clock ( 2:30ish am) I staggered out of bed and made my way into the main bathroom. Lights were on (which blinded me), Molly was going potty and she was arguing with Sidney because she didn't want her to wipe her. She wanted me to do it. (my head is spinning) I wipe her, pull her jamies back up and head her back into her bedroom. (which way is her bedroom again? left or right when I exit the bathroom? I'm delirious.) The next morning Sidney tells me about a little conversation that she had with Molly. Apparently she needed to go potty and Sidney wouldn't wake up to take her. (she was sound asleep too I guess) After she had tried to wake her for a bit but to no avail, she yelled, "Sidney! Get your damn ass out of bed now and take me to da baf-room before I pee my pants!" Sid woke up then! Poor baby, she has totally dysfunctional parents.

6 comments:

HKins said...

Lol! Swearing does not make you dysfunctional. You & Jeff are amazing parents. Love this story.

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious Abbie! I agree with you- I hate when people blog how wonderful everything is ALL THE TIME! Ok, birthdays-anniversaries are fine- but honestly- who loves their spouse and kids 100% of the time? NOT ME! :) We need to get together!

Petersons said...

Oh, I love it! I can just hear that those sweet words coming out of her little, innocent mouth...very loudly! I love your family!

jenae nae said...

abbie that is the BEST!! I love it! Syd is a good girl to help out her drugged up mommy! I hate those fake blogs all about how wonderful their lives are....after you just got off the phone with them saying how they hate their husbands! ha ha

Cassie said...

Abbie! I love you girl.. You seriously make me laugh.. Always!!

P.s. thanks for the book;)

Sherry said...

I made Trevor come in to read this, we thought it was soooo funny.
I'm going to miss you in heaven Abbie!