JandA4

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Banana Bread

I have found the yummiest banana bread recipe. It is the only one that I have found that contains sugar - vanilla - and sour cream all in the same recipe. This is a bread recipe but I usually make my into muffins. That way my kids can get their own and I don't have to cut them slice after slice. And it shortens your baking time in half!


1/2 c butter
1 1/3 c sugar
*CREAM TOGETHER
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 c mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)
*ADD AND CREAM WELL
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
*MIX THESE DRY INGREDIENTS IN A SEPARATE BOWL - SET ASIDE
1 c sour cream
*ADD SOME SOUR CREAM TO THE MIXTURE, THEN SOME DRY INGREDIENTS, THEN SOUR CREAM, THEN DRY, ETC. ENDING ON SOUR CREAM. POUR INTO GREASED BAKING PANS. BAKE FOR 50 MINUTES ON 350 DEGREES. (if you are baking in muffin cups, shorten bake time to about 20 minutes)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I made these and they were delicious! I added a little cream cheese frosting to mine- even better in my opinion! :)