JandA4

Monday, September 20, 2010

Fall in the Mountains

Yesterday my kids and I along with my mom, my brother Glen, his wife Kathy and their kids all went up in the mountains and drove the Alpine Loop. It was absolutely beautiful! (Jeff didn't come because he had to write a talk)

It was a toasty 94 degree summer day in the valley. So a drive in the mountains was a perfect getaway!
There was a terrible fire burning out of control down in Herriman which is right close to where we were so the sky was filled with hazy smoke.

As we were driving we saw a lot of people off the side of the road looking at something. We looked down and there was a mother moose and her baby! It was so fun to see! And we didn't even have to go to Yellowstone to see it.
It was really hard to focus on the moose because of all the trees. But the mother is on the left side and the baby is on the right side of the picture.



The fire was awful but it sure did make the sky pretty with the hazy sun and the fall leaf colors.


We drove up to this ridge and got out to look at the view. There was this crazy, powerful wind up there. It almost took your breath away it was so strong.
Our hair blowing looked funny to me.

Jens, Justin, Alec and Glen all took their shirts off and held them up as a shield in their arms. They could lean forward quite a ways before falling. The wind just held them up. I was having a hard time getting a picture of them doing it because one would fall right as I took it. So this is a picture of them getting ready to lean. You'll just have to use your imagination.

The wind was WILD but it was worth the view!

Then we drove up to Cascade Springs.



I haven't been here in YEARS! And my kids have never been here. It was so pretty. All the springs were fun to see again.

By the time we left the canyon at 8:30pm, the valley weather had cooled to a perfect 83 degrees. We all went back to my mom's house for dinner. (Jeff finally finished writing his talk and met us there). It was a wonderful, fun day!

1 comment:

Alli said...

No fair, I want fall around here!! How beautiful, that does look like a perfect day. Miss you, can't wait to see you in Vegas.