JandA4

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Cade!

Today is Cade's 7th birthday. Yes, on September 11th. I remember being in labor with him on the second anniversary and just watching footage of the attacks and memorial services all day long. But anyway, today is his birthday and he said that he wanted an Army party. So this is what I came up with. I addressed each invite to "Private ---" whoever. I put our address in the Barracks address and I put the party time in military time.
When each boy arrived, I "issued" them a white t-shirt.

We played the game Shooting Blind -- aka: Pin the Tail on the Donkey.


Then they went to boot camp. They had to address me as Mam yes Mam! They had to do push ups and sit ups.

Then I sent them through an obstacle course. They had to belly crawl under a whole line of chairs --
then they had to hop through the hoops --
zig zag through the cones --
run around the trampoline and then they had to climb to the top of my swing set and retrieve a flag --

and race back to me as fast as they could. After they did that, it earned them their helmets and dog tags. I also wanted to buy them machine guns but could not find them anywhere. Well that's not true, I looked at WalMart, K-Mart and Shopko and couldn't find ANYTHING, then I went to Partyland and found them but they were $12.99 each and I wasn't about to spend that much. So they just got the helmets and dog tags and we called it good!




Cupcakes with an Army Man. So simple!


After all that, they went out to the dirt hills and had a war with all of Cade's guns. It turned out really cute and the boys all had fun.

No comments: