JandA4

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hangin' Like a Monkey

So I was in a hurry to get to church on time so I threw my 3 year old Molly in the shower with me. I start to wash us. Now you have to put yourself in the prospective view of a toddler. They hit you at about bellybutton range. Their view of the world, and YOUR body is a little different from the view of yourself looking down. She looks up at me, giggles and says. "Mom, your boobs are hangin' down." I am sure that they looked like a set of eyes watching her. Once upon a time they stood at full attention but now the fact that I have nursed 4 kids and gravity has taken over, well they look a little bit more like my Grandma Norma's did. So after her comment I was like, "Oh thank you, Molly." and in my head I was thinking, "Why you naughty little thing!" So a little bit later she giggles a little and says to me again, "Mom, (giggle giggle) your boobs are hangin' like a monkeys!" At this point I tell her to just get out. Okay, now I am not even sure what a monkeys boobs look like, but they obviously must look funny because she kept giggling about them and I seriously need a lift! Note to self: To avoid embarrassment to yourself in the future, shower alone!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

that is hilarious! we all have those times;) I was watching another 2 year old last week and they were occupied so I jumped in the shower...well the two of them came running in as I was getting out and the friend said to me: "what are those?......(me thinking of a response).....they're shakin'"!!
Still laughing....

Petersons said...

Oh, I enjoy your children and their antics. There is not a chance in hell that I will shower w/ one of mine. They've already seen me roaming nude here and there, and I didn't like the interesting looks I got. I can only imagine the thoughts that were going through their heads!