JandA4

Monday, February 28, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas


I love creamy, cheesy comfort food! But who doesn't? This is my mother in law's recipe and I love it! I have been making it for years and everyone who eats them comments on how yummy they are. You gotta try them!

*In a large bowl mix together:
16 ounces of sour cream
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
4 ounces of mild, diced green chili's
3 green onions and tops - diced
3/4 cup grated cheese
cooked and cubed chicken - about 3 breasts
I don't know why but I forgot to take a picture of the mixture. Use your imagination!

1 package of tortillas - set aside

You can use the pre-cooked kind of tortillas but I prefer to buy fresh, uncooked ones. You can find them in the refrigerated section usually by the lunch meat or cream cheese or somewhere like that. You take them home and you cook them in a fry pan or on a griddle for about 30 seconds on each side. They are 10 times better than the pre-cooked kind!

I cheat a lot of the time too and I just buy a cooked rotisserie chicken from the deli at the grocery store rather than cooking the chicken for the enchiladas. I pull off the meat from the breasts and some from the legs. It's plenty of chicken.

*After you have cooked the tortillas, put a couple of hearty spoonful's on one side of the tortilla, roll it up and lay it in your greased baking dish.

*After you have filled your dish with tortillas, spread the remainder of the chicken, sour cream mixture on top of the tortillas.

*Then sprinkle with a little more cheese. Bake on 350 for about 25 to 30 minutes. ENJOY!

No comments: