JandA4

Friday, December 9, 2016

Family Candy Day

Candy day oh candy day....
how do I love thee....
let me count the ways.....

I love that I have a large accommodating kitchen so that I can fit everyone in it for this day!  I seriously thought about this day when I was designing my kitchen.  My only mistake was my oven / stove top.  I have 6 burners with a griddle on the side.  I wish I would have had 4 burners then the griddle with the last 2 burners on the other side, instead of having all 6 burners together.  Often times there are 3 of us cooking on it at once.  There would just be more room if they burners were separated.  But what am I complaining about?  It all works out and I love the day spent with family!

Sidney has been cooking with grandma, learning how to make peanut brittle and English toffee.


Aunt Pauline brought her 2 granddaughters this year!









And I was super excited to be able to have cousin Shelly Hartvigsen Unga, her daughter Jessica Unga and Great Aunt Marda Hartvigsen Mendenhall come!
  























Bless Marissa's heart - this year she made all of "my" candy for candy day.  I was kind of running around getting pots, pans, measuring cups and spoons and helping the little girls.  She made my fudge for me, my caramel and my chocolate dipped pretzels.  She did a great job!


I also had a hot cocoa bar set up.




Some had to leave early (before dark that is, ha ha!) but we made trays of treats for them.  
The rest of us are pictured with all our goodies.  I love this tradition!

No comments: