JandA4

Friday, December 9, 2016

These are a few of my favorite things....

I love putting up my Christmas decorations and all my trees.  I love them all.  I love taking all the decorations out of the storage bins and looking at all of them.  It's like seeing old friends!  I love this tree that I put in the formal living room, but I think that maybe I'll retire it next year and buy a flocked one.  I think the flock will look super pretty with the pewter ornaments!  This tree has been around for many years...... It used to be in my old bedroom (with different decor, but the same tree).  It's so served its purpose...... Can you tell that I'm trying to justify the money that I know will be spent on a flocked one..... ha ha!







This is a new tree for me!  I have been collecting ornaments whenever we go on a trip.  I put it on the stairwell right next to my "travel" wall.  Jeff's old business partner gave us this really awesome map one year for Christmas so we could log all of our travels.  I loved when we moved into this new house because I finally had a place to display it!  I added some travel pictures around it to complete the look.  I wish I could add dozens more pictures but I know it will look gaudy..... But the tree next to is perfect!  I'm able to represent lots of places on it that I'm not able to on the wall.









I was super excited to pull these tree ornaments out this year because I didn't put them up last year.  I love how the yellow stars and yellow candy canes tie in with my yellow chairs.  I bought the bike new and think it looks super cute by it!




Sometimes Jeff goes on what I like to call, "unsupervised visits" to Costco.  He comes home with all kinds of "finds"!  I have all but forbidden him to go there alone -- or unsupervised!  Ha Ha!  This year, one of the many, many, many things he bought there was this giant, 6 & 1/2 foot tall elk that you can see in the formal living room window.  It was really pretty I'll admit, but in the living room????  Okay, okay, I may..... or may not have...... said it was okay to put it there.  But that was only because there was a massive snow storm coming in and I didn't want all the glitter coming off of it.  And once we brought it in, it never went back out. 










I'm SOOO SAD!  I barely bumped this cabinet and my Santa, that I've had for many years, fell over and broke.  (insert tears here)  But good news!  I was able to get his pants peeled off of his body and I mostly got him puzzled and glued back together.  Lets just hope he makes it to next year!

My newest and quite possibly my cutest decoration.  This cute little 6 inch tall Magic Elf Door!  I stuck it on my counter top and sprinkled some snow around it and put a village tree next to it.  I love it!

Agh.... my kitchen gingerbread tree.  Another favorite for sure!






My family room shelves in my basement.  The other side of the fireplace has my tv taking most all the space up so pics of that side!


Another oldie but a goodie when it comes to decorations.  I wonder when or IF I'll ever get tired of looking at this decor.......  I'm sure one day I will -- but it ain't gonna be today!
I originally bought these decorations to go on the tree that used to be in our bedroom.


One thing is for sure -- this little bear will never go.  I was given it 28 years ago when I was 12 years old, from one of my church leaders named Ann Burton.  I loved it back then and I still do today.

Okay I freaking LOVE my Christmas Village!  I bought the coolest new tool this year from Hot Tools.  Its a foam cutter.  I went dumpster diving (with the store owner's permission) through Mel Hanks and Sons Furniture store and got some styrofoam.  My new awesome foam cutter tools cut through the foam like a hot knife through butter!  I was able to cut a mountainous backdrop, different levels, a sledding hill, steps leading up to the church..... I had myself a time!  No crumbly styrofoam beads to clean up or anything.  The cutter melts the edge and seals it.  Its awesome!


I've also added 6 new buildings to it from last year.  I also have cobblestone roads and brick pathways but I needed to lay it all out this year to see how I like it.  I may even lay it out a little different next year.  Then once I get it just perfect, I'll add the roads and pathways.


























Several years ago Jeff gave me this Thomas Kinkade Night Before Christmas house.   I love it.


The detail inside each room is amazing.







Sidney's bedroom tree is always so pretty and she does such a good job decorating!  It matches her room perfectly!


I've always loved Jens' tree.  It matches his room perfectly too.  His "hunting & fishing" theme tree goes perfectly in here!  Molly decorated this tree this year for him.




And finally Miss Molly's tree.  Her cute fairy's and bright colors are adorable!  Cade didn't get a tree up in his room this year.  He never put it up and never put it up so I eventually took his tree and decorated it on the stairwell.  I'll buy him a new one next year because his went perfectly on the stairwell!






No comments: