JandA4

Monday, December 8, 2008

Sidney's 9th Birthday Party

Well I finally had Sidney's party. Better late than never huh! We had an art party. It turned out to be a bit more than I could chew, but was really cute. Her invitations were paint palettes. They opened up and all of the info was on the inside.

14 girls!!!! What was I thinking??? They painted sun catchers.
I bought skirt purses and some fabric paint so the girls could paint on their purses. They turned out really cute. They came up with some good ideas.
Then we had body art. In other words....we did press on tatoos.
The girls held a paper plate on top of their heads and had to draw self portraits. Head, face, hair, body....they were soo funny. We also did 2 more crafts. They made picture frames and little heart shaped jewelry holders. They mod podged paper on them and put some embollishments on them. We were also going to play pictionary but totally ran out of time.
I made cupcakes to look like the invites. Just like a painters palette! Pretty cute huh?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Abbie! I love this idea! I just might steal it someday!

Erin said...

That is such a cute party idea! And I love how creative you are!

Rebecca said...

AS usual, love your party ideas - the cupcakes are DARLING!!! And all your crafty art projects you did with the girls were great! Fun stuff!

Tiffany said...

Love all of the new pics, I haven't looked for awhile. We have been kinda crazy. Have a great Christmas!

Suzanna said...

Such a cute idea and Katelyn had a really good time. I always say better late then never. good job.