JandA4

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools Day Pranks!


Last night I went up to my in laws house a little after 11:oopm and I snuck in their garage and put these two dolls in the back seat of my father in laws truck. These dolls used to belong to my uncle. They are fondly named Howard and Gertrude. They are life size, wear real wigs and my grandma's old clothes. They can really freak you out if you're not expecting them. We have had soooo much fun with these two over the years. We have played countless pranks on people with them. Well, needless to say, I totally freaked my father in law out. He left for work about 6:45 am and went and got into his truck. He sensed that he was not alone, turned around and there they were...just staring back at him! He yelled and jumped out of his truck. My mother in law heard him yell and quickly opened the garage door to see what was wrong. He simply said, "Look whats in the back of my truck!" He called me later on in the day and just said, "Not funny Abbie! Do you want me to have a heart attack?" All I could do was laugh.
After I put Howard and Gertty in his truck, I went outside and put all this crap in their front yard. I bought tons of the ugliest flowers and pin wheels that I could find.
I searched and searched for pink flamigos and swans (you know, those really tacky yard ornaments that you always see in old folks yards...) I looked at the Dollar Store, WalMart, K-Mart, Partyland, everywhere! But they were no where to be found. My only other idea was to try a thrift shop. But instead, I went to Cal Ranch and found these DoDo birds. They worked.

I put some of these wind blower thingys in their trees. It was too funny!
My kids had some tricks of their own too. Jens went to pour himself some Life cereal this morning and Cornflakes came out. Sidney had switched all the bags of cereal and put them in different cereal boxes. Jens put saran wrap over my toilet seats. What a fun day!

6 comments:

Cassie said...

OMG! You are funny!! I love it!!

Destri said...

OH ABBY!!! so funny, can I be your friend because you are a hoot! I haven't laughed that hard in awhile, honestly I snorted...you should have put a camera in there somehow, tutu funny!

HKins said...

Abbie I am so glad that I don't live anywhere near you! :)

Alli said...

That is too funny!! I loved the dolls I bet Dwane about died. How did they react?

Anonymous said...

That was hilarious! It's too bad you couldn't have video taped the whole thing- you'd have won a million dollars for sure! How fun!

Suzanna said...

I can hear it now. ABBIEEEEEEEEEEEE. Don't get any ideas about my house. Chase played the cereal prank on Katelyn and I short sheeted their beds. I love April Fools Day. Thank You Disney Channel for all the wonderful ideas.