JandA4

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy Anniversary to ME!

For my 16th wedding anniversary this year I booked a trip to Atlanta. I have always wanted to go there. After I got the trip all scheduled and booked, Jeff sprung it on me that he would not be able to make it because he had "too much work to do". Soooooo..... I called my dearest friend Allison and invited her to come along. No need for me to not have fun still right?!
Alli lives in Phoenix so we met in Atlanta. The first night we were there I told her that we HAD to go to Turner Field to watch the Braves play the Cubs. But they were sold out so instead we went to eat at a place called Fat Matt's BBQ Shack. It has been featured on Food Network. It was good but not my favorite.

We had the best 4 days!

We had fun driving around neighborhood after neighborhood just looking at houses and the sprawling yards. I loved the yards!
And I loved all the greenery! Alli lives in Phoenix, so between she and I, we both live in deserts. I really don't why I STILL live in UTAH!



One of the days we spent at the Atlanta Aquarium. It was the best aquarium! It was HUGE! If you ever get to Atlanta, you have to go here. The dolphin tanks were really neat.
They would jump out of the tank and come splashing back down in. They would come right up to the glass and look at you and then do flips. They were so fun to watch.

There was so much to see! So many fish, alligators, otters, etc.



There was also a tank with 4 Beluga Whales. They were fun to watch too! They had me intrigued forever!

At the aquarium, they have a place where you can scuba dive with them. Cool huh!



On Sunday we took a helicopter ride over the city. It was really neat but I got a little queasy.


I loved all the views from the air.
We flew over Stone Mountain, which is the largest exposed piece of granite in the northern hemisphere.



After the heli ride, we went shopping at this underground mall. It is underneath the subway system. Then we went to see the movie The Help, which has just come out. The movie was awesome to see! It was a sold out crowd. I loved the book but watching the movie there was really a neat experience. Then we did a little shopping and then had dinner at this delicious place called Copeland's Cheesecake Bristo. It was fabulous!
We split this appetizer that was lump crab meat, craw fish, and cheeses............ Oh My! It was DELICIOUS!!! Then I had crab cakes for dinner. Heaven found!


We stopped by this chocolate shop called Kilwin's. If you have ever been to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, it's just like that only on steroids.
Chocolate dipped apples, Oreo's, Twinkies, rice crispies, short bread, you name it!

Thanks Alli for coming with me! It was one of the most fun anniversary's I have ever been on!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Well I hope Jeff isn't reading this:) Sounds like a fun trip; glad you could save it and go with a bestie!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had fun! :)

Casey, Cammy and 5 C's said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time! I had forgotten about that aquarium. It IS pretty amazing!

Suzanna said...

Girls just want to have fun. Looks like you did. I love how green it is back there. Maybe Jeff will go on an anniversary next year with you. If not I'm always available.