JandA4

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Molly's first day of Preschool

My baby started preschool today. She was so excited to go to school at Miss Roxann's. It's all she's talked about for weeks. When it came right down to the time to leave the house for school, she was scared and didn't want me to leave her.
As soon as we got there, she saw 2 of her friends and she was all excited again. She hugged me and told me "bye!".
I am no longer a "young mom".
I have no little toddlers at home. There are no more babies to come..........
I have graduated to the "old mom" stage of life.

I remember envying the "older moms". I remember thinking, "Oh I can't wait to not have to chase after my toddler. I can't wait to NOT smell like spit up. I can't wait to not have to slip out of the party/dinner/Disneyland/church/etc to nurse! I can't wait for my kids to be more independent......"
Now that I am here to "this" point, I'm not sure how I feel about it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean! I'm thinking I cannot wait for Claire to potty train...but then remember she's my last and she can crap her pants as long as she wants :)

Suzanna said...

I know how you feel. I miss the preschool and kindergarten days. The fun fieldtrips where they actually want you to come and they hold your hand walking around. They never leave your side and enjoy your company. I'm now depressed. Can an Auntie go on the field trips?