JandA4

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Cake

Okay................. I SERIOUSLY need to stay away from Pinterst because I am sure to gain 40 pounds if I keep finding mouth watering recipes like this one! This cinnamon roll cake was warm and delicious! I loved every. single. bite. I mixed 1/2 a cup of butter in my glaze and made it just a little thicker. This came out of the oven and it smelled soooo good! I couldn't wait to glaze it and devour it. I poured the glaze on a little too early. The cake was still warmish/hot. But the glaze melted all down inside it and it was moist and dense. Just the way I like cake!

CAKE
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup butter - melted

*Mix all the ingredients together except the butter. After it is all mixed, slowly add the butter and pour into a 9x12 greased baking pan.

TOPPING
1 cup butter - room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon

*Mix all together and drop spoonfuls into the cake batter. Swirl around with a knife. Bake on 350 degrees for 28-32 minutes.

GLAZE
2 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

*While the cake is still warm, drizzle over the top of the cake.

1 comment:

Suzanna said...

Thank you for sharing your yummy dessert. It was sooooo good.