JandA4

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Simple St. Patrick's Day banner

I love to decorate for the holidays. Each and every holiday. (Well almost every holiday. I don't decorate for Cinco de Mayo, but that's about it.) My kids are always asking why we always have to change the decorations. They mainly complain because I make them help me carry the bins of decorations up and down from the basement. This year when I was setting up my St. Patricks Day stuff I decided that I needed a banner. So I just whipped one up! Well, "whipped up" might be overstated. It took me about an hour and a half is more like it.


I went to the local scrapbook store and bought some paper with wording on it. You could even use old books pages if you wanted, or sheet music. I used a triangle shape to trace and cut the paper out. You could also make the shape square or rectangular. I stuck them together with glue dots and used a circle shape to cut the four leaf clover paper and the green paper out. I glued them together and glued them to the word paper. I stuck cheap "lucky" and clover stickers on them that I bought from Walmart for 97 cents each and put some gold glitter paint on the edges. I used eyelets for the ribbon to weave through but an even simpler idea would be to just fold the paper over the ribbon and staple it on.

I have bought banners in the past and spent around $18 - $20 on them. I made this little baby for a little over $8.00 and I liked it just as well as my other "store bought" ones.

No comments: