JandA4

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pizza Pasta Bake

I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it looked so good that I just had to make it. I swear that I am going to gain 400 pounds from some of the recipes on there. The only down side of this recipe was the preparation time. Simply because you have to brown the meat and boil the noodles and then layer it all and then bake it. But it is so yummy that you won't mind the prep time.

You will need:
*Rigatoni noodles (or wide egg noodles or whatever kind you like)
*Pizza Sauce (I used two 14ounce jars)
*Pepperoni
*Sausage (I used Italian flavored. You could use plain or even ground beef)
*Mozzarella Cheese (I use about 3 cups, but you could use more or less)
*Olives
*I didn't use green pepper but it would have been really good too!

Brown your sausage and boil your noodles.
Then pour one jar of pizza sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 dish.
Then sprinkle half your meat over that.


Then put half of your cooked noodles over that.


Then sprinkle half your cheese on top. Then top with the pepperoni and olives.


Repeat all the layers one more time.

Bake on 350 for 30 minutes covered. Then take the foil off and bake for another 15 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it stand for about 10-15 minutes. This will not only let it cool a little but it will help it set up. If you just dig right into it, it will run all over.

No comments: